Barcelona midfielder Sergio Busquets was delighted after signing a new deal that will keep him at the Nou Camp until 2015.
Busquets, 22, has become a regular member of Pep Guardiola s squad, making 73 La Liga appearances since he broke into the first team in 2008-09.
The Spaniard s new deal guarantees his future at one of Europe s most prestigious football clubs and he said he was thrilled to be staying at Barcelona.
It is a dream to continue my career here, Busquets said.
It is very difficult to stay here for a long time, but this is another step. I am very happy. I am very young, so there is still a lot of time. I hope that Xavi and Puyol can continue as well.
I am still young and there is a lot to achieve still. I hope that the remaining y…
Moise Kean hit the post in added-time as Juventus continued their run of disappointing results with a goalless draw at home to Genoa.
Substitute Kean came close to winning it for the Massimilano Allegri’s side when he struck the woodwork in the closing moments but it was another lacklustre showing for a team with just one victory from their last eight Serie A matches.
Dusan Vlahovic, just back from suspension, made things even worse in the dying seconds when he was sent off – booked initially for a foul then again for dissent.
FT || It s all over here. [0-0]
— JuventusFC (@juventusfcen)
The Serbian could have finished things himself when he spurned a good chance in the 75th minute, but mid-table Genoa hung on for a welcome point.
…
Michel Platini has reacted angrily to allegations over his role in the awarding of the 2022 FIFA World Cup to Qatar.
British media reports alleged the UEFA president was personally lobbied by Asian counterpart Mohamed bin Hammam in a secret meeting ahead of the vote.
However, Platini has responded to the British newspaper in writing, claiming his only meetings with Bin Hammam since banned from football by the FIFA ethics committee had been to discuss his potential candidacy for the FIFA presidency in 2011.
I find it astonishing that conversations with a fellow member of the FIFA executive committee could suddenly be transformed into a matter of state, read the letter.
I have obviously met with Mr Mohamed Bin Hammam on many occasions in 2010 as we were both member…
Inter Milan chief executive officer Ernesto Paolillo has confirmed that Leonardo has left his post as manager of the Serie A giants.
Leonardo has been linked with a move to Ligue 1 outfit Paris Saint-Germain over the past week in a role that would see him likely to take up a position as general manager of the club.
And that move now seems more likely after Paolillo s comments on Friday.
Leonardo is going to Paris and the club are now looking for a new coach. We want to find another coach, Paolillo told Bloomberg.
His revelation means Inter will now be on the hunt for their third manager in just over a year.
After Jose Mourinho left the San Siro outfit after winning a treble with the club in the 2009-10 season, an extensive search saw former Live…